Wednesday, May 20, 2009

FAQ: What are the plans you have for licensing the content of this ontology?

The VistA system is already a work of the government,
which means that it is public domain. While strictly speaking,
an ontology based on the information and knowledge
implicit in the VistA system can be licensed in many
ways, I would like to use a license that supports the upkeep
of the ontology on a long term basis, and which furthers
my goals to make sure that information stored in a VistA
implementation can be shared easily with other systems.
I don't know enough regarding ontology licensing to know
if a software program license is appropriate, or if a license
used for a shared written work is correct. I am willing to
adopt a license that best supports my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment