Wednesday, May 20, 2009

FAQ: Can I be involved, even if I haven't had a lot of experience with creating an ontology?

Yes, with the understanding that I do want to be productive.
I have been working with Medical Informatics for over 25
years, and have extensive experience in the practice and
delivery of computer systems that support healthcare.
I am willing to share my knowledge in the general field, and
specifically in the VistA software that I am using as a
basis for the ontology modeling.

I am promoting this effort to build a community which would
be knowledgeable about health ontology, as well as building
an artifact that incorporates a lot of the knowledge within
VistA, and about VistA. I think this will seriously advance
the state of the art, as there is nothing like a working system
to specify and disambiguate issues of meaning.

I welcome involvement by novices and professionals alike.
This should prove to be educational to all of us, for different
reasons, with the understanding that the initial flurry of effort
may be a bit chaotic, however, it should be great fun as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment